Today is the funeral of “The Greatest”, Muhammad Ali. He was an inspiration to MANY people around the world. He had a such a magnetic personality and will be greatly missed! Besides boxing, he was well known for his having many quotes throughout his life. People really only remember the ones like “Float like a butterfly & sting like a bee”, “I’m the greatest thing that ever lived! I’m the king of the world!”, “I’m a bad man”, “I’m so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark” & “I’m the prettiest thing that ever lived.” to name just a few!!!
What a lot of people didn’t realize is that Muhammad Ali wasn’t only a great boxer; his outlook on life was something to be listened to and applied in our own lives as necessary. Below are a few quotes from Muhammad Ali that have helped me throughout my life.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
- When times get tough, keep going and you will be the Champion of your own life!
“A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.”
- Keep your eyes open to possibilities and don’t get stuck just looking straight ahead! There is a world of possibilities out there. You just need to look around to see them!
“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- Most people just accept where they are in life even when it’s not the life they envisioned for themselves and family. They do this because they don’t have the courage to try anything new. Some of the greatest rewards in my life have been due to me having the courage and ambition to pursue the life I deserve!
“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
- We all look at challenges in our life as mountains to climb. You need to know that every mountain is climbable. One of the main reasons people get worn out and don’t make it to the top or don’t even try is simply because of lack of courage & the doubt they have in themselves! ( pebble in your shoe ). Shake out your shoes and face your challenges! ( Financial, Business, Employment, Personal, etc…)
“I don’t have to be what you want me to be.”
- We were programmed as children to get an education, get a job, go to work 8 hours a day, get a paycheck and help make our bosses dreams and aspirations of a good life come true! This is what society has brained washed us into believing. Do yourself a HUGE favor and look outside the box. There are a lot of opportunities out there that can assist you in achieving YOUR goals of having the best life possible for YOU come true!!!
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
- In my experiences, helping others achieve their goals, with nothing expected in return is the most rewarding thing! I have found that by helping others, with no expectations, my success has grown substantially! Good Karma!!!
“It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”
- So many times in life we start something and give up because we simply didn’t have a Deep Conviction or Belief in what we are doing. Do yourself a favor and before you start something, make sure you have the conviction and belief to take it to its completion! You will be amazed at the results!!!
“My only fault is that I don’t realize how great I really am.”
We put limits on our success by NOT realizing our full potential. It is natural for people to get into the rut of accepting what their everyday life has become. They stop trying to reach their potential which in turn limits their success!
Written By: Maury Sasso